Maryland International Raceway Mechanicsville, MD USA
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Make your way to Maryland International Raceway as you prepare to sprint in our nation’s capital. This is a venue that is usually reserved for race cars, but will be replaced by machines much more powerful: Spartans.
This seasonal drag strip has a capacity of 12,500 and is known for its car races and shows. With terrain usually primed for tires, prepare for some tough conditions. There will be hills (including track jumps) and lots of mud. Take this advice: get in some hill workouts before taking on this course -- your legs will thank you. Form a team and come dominate this 3+ mile Spartan Sprint.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Embrace the man vs. machine mentality. Be tougher than the machines that typically occupy this raceway -- Spartan Up! and prove yourself.
2. Looking for something to do before or after your race? Head over to Forrest Hall Farm & Orchard. This experienced farm offers locally grown apples, corn, strawberries, and USDA Natural Beef -- there could not be a better way to refuel after your race than these wholesome ingredients.
3. For the Spartan winos out there, there is a winery that is just a 15 minute drive from the venue. The Port of Leonardtown Winery is just a few years old but doing big things -- including producing award-winning wines. Head over there after your race and enjoy a glass (or two). You will have earned it.
4. Myrtle Point Beach and Elms Beach are right nearby. Pack a picnic of protein bars and whole grains and fuel up before your race with the Patuxent River as your backdrop.
5. Looking for something to keep the kids entertained? Head to Southern Maryland’s Largest Corn Maze: A Maze N Place/Bowles Farms. Make memories as you get lost with the family.
6. Of course you will have to visit the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and countless other historical sites while you're in the area.
- All the Spartan Obstacles
- What to Pack
- Gear and Resources
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!