Killington Ski Resort Killington, VT USA
If you’re looking to unleash your inner beast and go to places you never imaged, the Spartan Beast is perfect for you. With 12-14 miles and 30-35 obstacles between you and the finish line, the Spartan Beast will test everything you’re made of: your strength, your endurance, your resolve. The unpredictable terrain and Spartan Obstacles are masterfully designed to push you deep into your discomfort zone, and well past those self-imposed obstacles you once considered your limits. Beast mode: on.Register Now
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Welcome to the Birthplace of the Spartan Beast.
The Killington, VT Spartan Race has hosted three Spartan World Championship events. If you think you’re among the baddest of the east, we welcome you to come play in what is known as “Joe’s backyard.” This is where Spartan Race was born; and that means anything goes. You can expect steep slopes, off-trail descents, massive climbs, and chilly swims. The wonderful ski-town of Killington welcomes Spartans with open arms. Come see where it all began and witness the menace that gave Spartan Race its roots. Be forewarned though: this course has been known to destroy those not prepared in their mind, body, legs and soul.
This iconic race has a lot of history. Aside from being the birthplace of the Beast, it’s where Spartan Race was being held when NBC first showed interest in highlighting the sport at the 2013 World Championship. In 2014, NBC returned to film the ruthless battle that led to the crowning of the first Spartan Race World Champion from Europe, Jon Albon.
If you want to experience one of the most rewarding and challenging courses in the world, come out to the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont. While the climbs will have your calves and quads begging for a massage, the cascading silhouettes of mountains and the unpredictable weather will have you shouting AROO! as you battle for glory from the mountain tops.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. After you conquer this course you’ll have a new idea of what it means to push your limits. Completing the tasks of going the distance, completing the obstacles, and yes, doing the burpees, will leave with you with the ultimate sense of accomplishment.
2. You have the chance to enjoy a Spartan Feast. Share your battle stories with fellow Spartans over your favorite post-race cuisine at one of the many mountainside restaurants. There are plenty of options from Sushi Yoshi to the Original General Store in neighboring Pittsfield, VT -- so, you’re sure to find something suitable for replenishment. After all, you did just exert all that hard work and energy on that 4241 foot mountain.
3. With all the lodging, cabins and hotels nearby, there are options for all Spartans to bunk up for a weekend -- that’s sure to make for some interesting conversations around the water-cooler.
4. Are you an Ultra Spartan? There’s only one way to find out. Sign up and never give up.
- All the Spartan Obstacles
- What to Pack
- Gear and Resources
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!