Mountain Creek Resort Vernon, NJ USA
There’s nothing mediocre about this middle distance race. The Spartan Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Offering racers a true athletic test. If you consider yourself a more seasoned athlete determined to push beyond excuses, you just might have the mettle for a Spartan Super. Serving up 24-29 Spartan Obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain, the Spartan Super spares no one. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where you prove to yourself you’ve got everything it takes to face the Beast.Register Now
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Spartan Race and mountainous terrain go hand-in-hand. Luckily, for Spartans of the Northeast there’s Mountain Creek -- home to the largest ski mountain in New Jersey. As with any mountain course, you’re guaranteed to see it all: peaks and valleys, slopes and climbs, ropes and walls, Spartan Kids and Spartan Pros. Discover what it means to be a Spartan and meet others as you battle toward one common goal: the finish line.
As is par for mountain courses, you’ll be sent up and down -- a lot -- thankfully there’s the reward of a view from the outstanding heights. Come prepared for the unexpected in the weather department… mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Spartans always come prepared. If this if your first time on a Spartan Race course don’t underestimate how long you’ll be out there. Be sure to bring enough to fuel you through the course. Some things are certain: there will be rope climbs, there will be barbed wire, and there will be heavy carries. No one likes 30 burpees and that’s why it’s wise to train hard, train well and be prepared to conquer each and every obstacle.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Vernon Peak has 1,040 feet of vertical, with a base of 440 feet and a summit elevation of 1,480 feet with plenty of room to go up and then back down countless times.
2. Treat yourself to some extra time to sleep in by staying onsite at Mountain Creek. The Appalachian and Black Creek Sanctuary are both good options.
3. Looking for some craft beer and craft food for your post race delight? Check out Eddie’s Roadhouse nearby in Warwick, NJ.
4. Still looking for more action? You can get another kind of adrenaline rush at Zoom Ziplines.
5. Enjoy organic foods at the local craft store: Heaven Hill Farm, a popular stop for hikers of the Appalachian Trail.
- What is the Multi-Rig
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!