Van Vleck Ranch Sacramento, CA USA
There’s nothing mediocre about this middle distance race. The Spartan Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Offering racers a true athletic test. If you consider yourself a more seasoned athlete determined to push beyond excuses, you just might have the mettle for a Spartan Super. Serving up 24-29 Spartan Obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain, the Spartan Super spares no one. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where you prove to yourself you’ve got everything it takes to face the Beast.Register Now
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Van Vleck Ranch is the closest thing Spartan Race has on its calendar to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. If the weather remains dry, you will be confronted with an arduous, rolling landscape that goes as far as the eye can see. Should it rain, you will be presented with one of the most technical terrains you could hope to encounter -- it will become slippery and the slopes will become a battle for even the most seasoned racer.
That’s what makes Sacramento such a special venue. Prairies that are normally home to the cattle may seem timid at first glance, but this venue lulls you into a false sense of security. The lakes on the venue have a clay that will stick to you and bog you down if you let it. The hills, while not high, are relentless and roll on for mile after mile. Add in the wind that rushes over the venue and you have the perfect cocktail of terrain, the elements, and of course, obstacles to test your mettle.
Such is the popularity of this northern California venue, that many southern Californians - and those from further afield – make the annual pilgrimage to one of the most exciting events on the calendar. Remember that should the weather take a turn for the worse, you’re a Spartan, and Spartans never surrender.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. No visit to Sacramento is complete without having visited the famous Firehouse restaurant. Opened in 1960, it hosted both of Ronald Reagan’s inaugural dinners and has done the same for every governor since.
2. You can visit the Old Sacramento Underground Tour. This fascinating look at what Sacramento was like in the mid-to-late 1800’s was raised around four feet between 1860 and 1870 to prevent flooding.
3. Talk to any local resident, and they will rave about Gunther's Quality Ice Cream, Leatherby's Family Creamery and Vic's Ice Cream. Don’t pass up a chance to experience a taste that only Sacramentans know.
4. What Southern California has to offer in the way of beaches, Sacramento offers similiar beauty with their stunning riverbanks. Should you get the time and the inclination, be sure to laze away an hour or two at the side of a river and soak in the ambience.
5. The Local Roots Food Tours will take you to hidden-away places to try local cuisine through downtown, midtown or east Sacramento. You’ve burned the calories, so why not replace them?
6. Sacramento is teeming with trees, flowers, plants and various flora and fauna. If you have allergies, make sure to bring your medication!
7. For Spartans who are historical buffs, be sure to check out Sutter’s Fort in the heart of the city. This will take visitors on a trip to the past back to the California Gold Rush days.
- What is the Multi-Rig
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!