Toro Park Salinas, CA USA
There’s nothing mediocre about this middle distance race. The Spartan Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Offering racers a true athletic test. If you consider yourself a more seasoned athlete determined to push beyond excuses, you just might have the mettle for a Spartan Super. Serving up 24-29 Spartan Obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain, the Spartan Super spares no one. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where you prove to yourself you’ve got everything it takes to face the Beast.Register Now
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Located only six miles from downtown Salinas near the town of Monterey, Toro Park is a vast, sprawling venue covering almost 5,000 acres. With punishing hills, fields and prairies as well as many picturesque wooded areas, it’s easy to understand why this venue is a favorite amongst Spartans.
This course’s terrain is so diverse that it was initially a Beast in the early days of Spartan Race, but it packs enough punch to easily host a grueling Super. With miles of different trail routes, the race directors will be sure to take full advantage of variety and unleash a hailstorm of twists and turns.
The magnificent views from on top of the many peaks are worthy of a quick rest to appreciate the stunning sight of the outlying Northern California. The weather can be deceptively warm without humidity, so remember to hydrate well for the dry and dusty peaks. Be sure to look out for the local wildlife as Toro Park is teeming with critters watching you sprint to the next obstacle.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Monterey and Salinas are both within short driving distance so Spartans have the choice of where to entertain themselves with some wonderful sights and sounds. There’s also a nice selection of restaurants to carb-up before the race, or celebrate afterwards.
2. For the motorsport enthusiast, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is a must. Located less than seven miles away, why not visit this famous race track once you have completed your race?
3. Cannery Row, the historic waterfront district, is a popular destination for shoppers, diners and visitors of Monterey.
4. The Monterey County Fair and Event Center is a great place to catch some entertainment. With a fair or event happening almost all the time, it’s definitely worth checking their website for things to do.
5. If you want to hit the beach, Monterey State beach is your destination for rest and relaxation. Miles of sand make up the beautiful coastline. Take it all in.
6. Downtown Monterey is a bustling metropolis of live music, bars, restaurants and other things to do. Once you’ve conquered the race, celebrate in style with fellow racers into the night.
- All the Spartan Obstacles
- What to Pack
- Gear and Resources
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!