Castaic Lake State Recreation Area Castaic, CA USA
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
About 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles, and just a little ways from Santa Clarita, sits Castaic Lake State Recreation Area. A hidden jewel of the Southern California crown, it is home to beloved trails for hikers and mountain bikers.
The numerous miles of trails will certainly test the Spartan community. There’s also a good chance that this course could venture close (or even into) the lake. Given the views from the camping areas, spectators and well-wishers can expect to be treated to some stunning scenery, and witness their loved ones grappling with the many obstacles.
The steep trails will offer a true test. Should it happen to rain, this will quickly become one of the muddiest races on the Spartan Race calendar.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. It’s only a short drive from LA -- one of the greatest cities in the world beckons you.
2. Hollywood, Sunset Strip, Dodgers Stadium, Chinatown and so many more sights of LA are all nearby, so make sure to seize the opportunity to explore the area.
3. Disneyland can be found in Anaheim, which is just an hour drive from LA. Make a long weekend out of the trip to California and treat the family to a visit to the happiest place on Earth.
4. Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park is also a quick trip. Offering thrills, spills and rides, as well as famous signature jams and jellies, it’s a great place to bring the kids.
5. The various studio tours offer another great day-trip option. Universal and Paramount are two very popular spots that tourists enjoy. Don’t forget to check out the famous Hollywood sign and capture some memories on camera.
6. Just by Santa Monica Pier, you will find the world famous Muscle Beach. Put your Spartan training to the test when you visit this iconic landmark.
7. There are many bus tours of the city that visit historic landmarks, sights and places of interest.
NOTE: If you are scheduled to run in any wave after 2:00pm, we strongly suggest you bring a headlamp with you. It gets dark quickly around 4:30pm in the hills, so if you think you might still be racing past 4:30pm, it would be wise to bring a headlamp. Race Officials reserve the right to remove racers without headlamps from the course if necessary.
- All the Spartan Obstacles
- What to Pack
- Gear and Resources
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!