Fort McDowell Rodeo Grounds Fort McDowell, AZ USA
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
There’s nothing mediocre about this middle distance race. The Spartan Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Offering racers a true athletic test. If you consider yourself a more seasoned athlete determined to push beyond excuses, you just might have the mettle for a Spartan Super. Serving up 24-29 Spartan Obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain, the Spartan Super spares no one. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where you prove to yourself you’ve got everything it takes to face the Beast.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
One of the more convoluted courses on the Spartan Race calendar, the trails and tracks never cease to twist, turn and keep you guessing as to which direction they will take you next. Nestled neatly in the northeast corner of Phoenix within the county of Maricopa, the reservation is a 40 square mile area, just a fraction of the ancestral territory of the once nomadic Yavapai people.
Three words to describe the enormous area that Fort McDowell commands: warm, dusty, and dry. This event favors runners that can move quickly between obstacles, and punishes those that take it for granted. Hydration is key to success at the Arizona Super and Sprint. Many areas of the course will be single track trails with cacti on either side. When you see an opportunity to accelerate, such when making your way over the dried riverbeds, do what you can to seize it.
Conquer the course here, and you will have ran across an area steeped in rich American culture and history. Show respect to the terrain you cover and leave no trace.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Bikers and hikers, a vast array of desert and mountains awaits your exploration. These vast areas of trails and rocky hills to climb are there to be explored, should you have excess energy to burn.
2. The AAA four-diamond Fort McDowell Casino is just one of three in the area where you can try your luck at the poker or blackjack tables.
3. In Old Town Scottsdale, you will find a densely populated area of bars and restaurants to celebrate and flaunt your finisher’s medal. Be sure to look out for other Spartan Race shirts, as there are bound to be quite a few.
4. The Valley Metro Light Rail is your way of visiting downtown Phoenix. Here’s where you’ll find a host of live music and bars, some of which have the broadest selection of beers on tap in the area.
5. Laugh away those sore limbs after adding another piece to your TRIFECTA? Phoenix is an underrated comedy circuit venue, boasting no less than seven different comedy stores. If it doesn’t hurt too much to laugh, catch some live stand up while you are there.
6. Live music is a staple of Phoenix. There are plenty of live venues that host a multitude of touring acts. Check out the Crescent Ballroom or Copper Blues Rock Pub and Kitchen for opposite ends of the spectrum.
7. Should you prefer to tread the path of culture and learning, there are multiple museums, botanical gardens, science centers and zoos that you can visit. Make sure to book ahead.
8. Sports fans can visit Chase Field, University Of Phoenix stadium, the US Airways center and many other major sporting venues.
- What is the Multi-Rig
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!