Carter & Stevens Farm Store Barre, MA USA
There’s nothing mediocre about this middle distance race. The Spartan Super offers the ideal blend between distance and speed. Offering racers a true athletic test. If you consider yourself a more seasoned athlete determined to push beyond excuses, you just might have the mettle for a Spartan Super. Serving up 24-29 Spartan Obstacles and 8-10 miles of rugged terrain, the Spartan Super spares no one. Developed as the second race in the Spartan Trifecta, the Super is where you prove to yourself you’ve got everything it takes to face the Beast.Register Now
The Sprint may be our shortest distance race, but it’s still a favorite among both new and returning racers. It’s the perfect distance for those looking to start their Spartan journey. The Sprint also allows returning racers a manageable distance to see how far they can push themselves. Delivering 20-23 obstacles over 3-5 miles, you'll never run the same race twice. Once you complete the sprint you are 1/3 on your Spartan TRIFECTA: The ultimate Spartan achievement.Register Now
Spartan Race isn't just for adults. Our Spartan Kids Race offers two distances for the little Spartans in your life. Based on age, our Kids races have obstacles in them just like the grown up versions. Come watch your future Spartans run, jump, and play just like they're supposed to.Register Now
Welcome to Carter and Stevens Farm. With five generations and counting, this family-owned dairy farm has maintained a 1,000-acre stretch of land since 1938. Seeing its first Spartan takeover in 2015, this course consists of rolling farmland, muddy single and double track, fields, and swamps.
The muddiness at this venue is known to swallow up your shoes, so be sure to tie those laces up tight. Come prepared for a tough and fun course. Be prepared to climb, as there will be plenty of steep obstacles waiting for you.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. The excess mud is something to embrace, not shy away from. Once you are done maneuvering your way through this swampy course, you might not recognize yourself.
2. Looking for more to do in Barre? The Barre Falls Dam is nearby -- a relaxing place to picnic, hike, fish or just explore.
3. Barre is just a hop, skip and short drive from Boston: one of the oldest cities in the U.S. Whether you grew up in Massachusetts, or are looking for a destination race, Boston is a lovely city to explore.
4. While you are in the area, catch a game at Fenway Park -- one of America’s most beloved ballparks and home of the Boston Red Sox since 1912. A Fenway frank is a good way to refuel after a racing-filled weekend.
5. Check out Boston’s historical sites: The Freedom Trail, Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, New England Aquarium, and the Museum of Science are all worth a visit.
- All the Spartan Obstacles
- What to Pack
- Gear and Resources
Eliminate Unwanted Burpees!